Students are supposed to do a SWOT analysis based on the following questions:
S: Strengths – Which are the best practices used in your country regarding
environmental issues and sustainable economy?
W: Weaknesses – What has not been done to prepare countries to this world in transition and what should have been done?
O: Opportunities – What can you improve / avoid in your country regarding environmental issues? Which benefits can we obtain by the changes?
T: Threats – What stops us from pursuing environmental progress, e.g. mentality, willingness, legislation, costs, scientific knowledge?
The project intends to:
empower young people to effectively transform their skills and preferences into a visible change in their active attitude towards eco-friendly behaviour
use the English language as a tool of learning and communication and enhance self-confidence in using it
endorse the students’ awareness of climate change: national borders are not the borders of nature/pollution
promote digital competence: pupils will improve their skills in the critical use of Information Society Technology (IST) and these basic skills in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
take an international and interdisciplinary approach towards the topic focusing on the following subject areas: technology, economics, science, ecology, fair trade, sociology, eco-psychology, and nutrition which reflect the various departments of the schools
To achieve the objectives we will develop enquiry-based learning, hand-on learning (learning by doing), project method, group work, using ICT and in particular:
- inviting experts and representatives of the local administrations and companies to explain students different approaches to confront environmental challenges in the current situation of an economic crisis
- visiting work places to learn about the opportunities of eco-friendly business
- preparing booklets, PPT presentations of our findings and activities, and reports presenting the results
- making films and taking photos documenting the activities, preparing exhibitions
- opening a website
- exchanging information by email, social networks, video-conferences etc.
- students are supposed to give their presentations not only in their home country but also in partner schools (in English)